SusanDyer

If You Find Me
Emily Murdoch
A Diet to Die For: A Skinny Mystery
Sarah Steding
A White Room - Stephanie  Carroll A White RoomStephanie CarrollA debut novel by Stephanie Carroll full of surprises. After the death of her father puts her family into poverty, Emma marries John Dorr. its the only thing she can do to help her mother and sisters. John moves them to Labellum, Missouri, where she knows no one and is not welcomed by the society women. Their gothic house has an unusual effect on Emma. She sees furniture moving and people and creatures staring at her from empty rooms. It is almost as if the house is alive. The house is down right creepy and Emeline needs to escape from it.I wasn't sure how I really felt about Emeline. Yes she was in a loveless marriage and struggles with many things. Was it admiration or pity that I was feeling for her? Stephanie made me think about how I really felt about abortion and assisted suicide. All in all, a good but difficult read about feminism and realistic historical fiction. Emeline sacrificed so much for her family and at times my heart broke for her and other times, I wanted to shake some sense into her.